Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Virtual Fitness Classes, What is It?!

Well, it is time for me to explain all these facebook posts, tweets and DanceFIT Studio moving to the next level! We now offer our signature BalletFIT class via skype conference.  Does it sound weird to you? It is not!  In fact, it is remarkable what a great workout you get, personal corrections by your instructor, not to mention the convenience of working out from your own home. 

How did this virtual concept evolve?  Well, kind of selfishly....We all know the story....I have two children, run DanceFIT Studio primarily from home, drive 1 hour to Brookline to teach 1-3 classes and then drive 1 hour home.  The days I can't teach I have my wonderful staff teaching their classes: Zumba, Hip Hop, Barre, Yoga, etc.  I wish I could take their classes every night too.   I want to teach more and I know my clients want more classes, but the scheduling issue is a nightmare with the need for babysitting and the long commute right at rush hour. 

SOLUTION....live fitness classes via skype conference.  I can allow up to 10 participants in a class and  I have a huge monitor at home to see all of them working hard on their living room floors.  So, this idea began selfishly, so I can teach more, but I found out that there is such a need for this.  The DanceFIT community of parents and busy professionals are loving them.  To be able to workout with a fitness and dance professional in the comfort of their home while the kids are sleeping is quite popular!

I am teaching two virtual classes a week in addition to my hours at DanceFIT Studio.  I teach virtually Tuesdays at 8:30 PM and Thursday mornings bright and early at 6:15 AM.  I have partnered with Tanya, the owner of Barre N9NE Studio in Danvers.  Tanya is teaching her signature (and amazing) barre n9ne workout on Wednesday & Friday mornings at 6:15 AM.  Stay tuned for more classes from both of us!

This is how it works.  You register for a VIRTUAL class on DanceFIT Studio's mind body registration system.  New clients will receive the promotion, buy 1 class, get 1 free.
https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/adm/home.asp?studioid=10045


Any questions?  Curious and want to learn more??  Email me or Tanya:
gina@dancefistudio.com
barren9ne@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment